Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Completed Modelled and Textured Dodo

After all the difficulty of the last two weeks trying to texture my flying Dodo he is finally working properly. Model and texture can be viewed in Unity here (use standard fps controls to walk/ around):
http://chrisgordon.com.au/dodo/ModelledTexturedDodo.html

I'm very happy with the result especially considering this is my first ever animated character.

I've have endeavored to keep the model as low-poly as possible as I plan to add more detailed body feathers next semester which will required more polygons and more detailed normal mapping. The current model has 3382 faces, 3453 vertices, and edges 6735.

After removing all the nGons as discussed in the previous post and repainting all the skin weights the model is now correctly textured and imports into Unity perfectly.

Screen Captures of Textured Model:


No comments:

Post a Comment