Saturday, May 29, 2010

Scene Six Complete

For scene six I have made a bit of a change to my original story board. Instead of showing a grave stone for the dodo I have chosen to show the dodo as a museum exhibit, as this is all we have left of this creature today.

I modeled a rough museum set in Maya for me to build upon next semester, imported it into Unity and setup a camera moving along waypoints to give the effect of zooming out. As background music in this scene I'm using Louis Armstrongs 'Wonderful World' with subtitles explaining that 75 years after the discovery of the dodo humans had completely wiped out this incredible species. Once the camera is fully zoomed out I intend to roll a credits overlay in the completed animation next semester.

I'm quite happy with the over all effect this scene has, hopefully it leaves viewers thinking about biodiversity and how humans have repeatedly made the same mistakes throughout history causing the extinction of hundreds of species which played a part it the ecosystems of earth.




No comments:

Post a Comment